Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Not For College Days Alone...



As I sit in my apartment in Orlando, Florida, 26 years old and 1,196 miles from home, I find myself doing what I've done best for the last two and a half years: sitting on my couch, reflecting.

I am not ashamed that I often recollect my time at Oklahoma State University. After all, it was the most memorable five years of my life. 

I resided at 1123 W. University, 5th & Willis and 901 W. Will Rogers. Three addresses; thousands of memories.

Five years with intentions to study; five years of spending more time in Gallagher-Iba Arena and Boone Pickens Stadium than in Edmon Low.

I've been to many college campuses across the United States of America. From the vine-laced brick walls of Harvard to the burritos in Lubbock. The Southern Belles in Tuscaloosa and the Boys of Old Florida. The prestige and tradition of American institutions of higher education are compelling, but no campus can compare to the reverent, hallowed grounds of the old pasture on which Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College was once founded.

Photographs, memories and references known but to Oklahoma State faithful are what I cherish the most. 

One of my biggest fears is losing these vivid memories over time. Hence, this blog. I don't expect anyone to read this, but if you do then I hope it will give you a sense of the reverence I feel for that university. My university.

Proud and Immortal,
Bright shines your name.
Oklahoma State, 
We herald your fame.
Ever you'll find us
Loyal and True,
To our alma mater,
O-S-U.

Call me nostalgic. Call me sentimental. Call me a homer.

Better yet, just call me a Cowboy.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this Blog, "Cowboy" ..I believe everything is right about being nostalgic and sentimental over things you truly care for.

    ReplyDelete